Tuesday, November 09, 2004

PCA Inscription

PCA - Sites - Highlights - Tabard Square Inscription

This has been interpreted by one of the leading Latin epigraphic scholars Dr Mark Hassall, of the Institute of Archaeology in London as meaning:

To the spirits of the emperors (and) the god Mars Camulos, Tiberinius Celerianus, ranking moritex of the (traders) of London, set this up.

The inscription appears to have been set up by the trader or negotiator Tiberinius Celerianus who originated from the Rheims district in France. As well as providing a named individual and his status the inscription's importance is magnified by the word Londiniensium. [cont.]

4 Comments:

At 18 May 2013 at 00:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The overall look of
your site is magnificent, let alone the content!

My homepage クリスチャンルブタン

 
At 19 May 2013 at 02:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your style is really unique compared to other folks I've read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll just bookmark this site.


Take a look at my site ... クロエ ハンドバッグ

 
At 19 May 2013 at 11:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you so much,
However I am having problems with your RSS. I don't know the reason why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there anyone else getting identical RSS issues? Anyone that knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

Also visit my homepage :: mycenturyclub.com

 
At 19 May 2013 at 13:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent blog here! Also your web site loads up very
fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate
link to your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

my blog post; http://simonkennerley.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=KeeleyM29

 

Post a Comment

<< Home